About / Sobre
Columbine Elementary School
Columbine provides a bilingual learning community that nurtures academic excellence, encouraging each student to achieve their full potential.
Learn more about what makes Columbine an amazing school by watching this quick video: https://bit.ly/BravoColumbine
Columbine is a an elementary school within the Boulder Valley School District. Located in Boulder, Colorado, this tuition-free school serves about 500 diverse students in grades Pre School through 5th Grade.
How Is Our School Unique?
- Columbine teachers are experts in differentiated instruction, providing instruction that helps every student according to their needs.
- Columbine has a biliteracy focus, all students learn to read and write in both English and Spanish.
- We celebrate the various cultures in our school and value our richly diverse community.
- Columbine offers preschool on site and full day kindergarten.
- We have an exceptional program of after-school activities.
- We partner with the Growe Foundation and Growing Gardens to offer year round Garden to Table science curriculum in Columbine’s 33 foot diameter Growing Dome Greenhouse and in outdoor gardens.
- We are a Green Star School in partnership with Eco-Cycle.
Columbine is a student-centered biliteracy school that fosters children's love and curiosity for learning.Dr. Bianca Gallegos, principal
Here's what students say about their amazing Columbine Teachers. Esto es lo que dicen los alumnos sobre sus excelentes maestras y maestros de Columbine.
Columbine students, alumnos de columbine
I love being a Columbine Wildcat because my teachers care about me and make learning fun!
Gabriel, Columbine student